Saturday, July 4, 2009

BP42 - 3 JULAI 2009 - JUMAAT



In my blurry state of mind (macam dalam pantang) I agreed to lunch with a few girl frineds from Chico at a Chinese Muslim restaurant in KJ... when actually:
a) it was my duty to send Durrah to school (school starts at 2 pm on Fridays) &
b) there's also one of my more important appointment with ProfKJG of UMMC at 2pm!
The last time I saw him was way back in June.
Kena buat clone!

Well, told Suami I just had to make sure that I get to UMMC before the clinic closed. Certainly wouldn't want to miss this particular appointment.

There was also the driving, because with my blurry right eye, driving in unfamiliar territory would be BAD!
Luckily, Saadah was back but she had to go ASM after lunch.
Like I told Nina "sempat tak sempat... kita sempatkan aja..."
So, the arrangement was for me to sedn Durrah very early to school... then Nina & I would get a ride from Saadah. Suami would pick us up after lunch to send us to UMMC. Nina would get her way back from there.

Kiah, Yusri & Yam had their lunch already when we got there. Umi couldn't make it due to her younger sister pulang ke rahmatullah.
Al Fatihah!
Topics of conversation was on status of health (mine, Rahman's, Yam's, Saadah's & our parents ) + health food + Michael Jackson + former Chico's Charlie's angel is now "an Amirah" (KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK) + etc.
Kiah, Yusri & Nina are healthy, Alhamdulillah!
It was such a short lunch, so maybe Kiah will organize another one maybe next month, huh?

Saadah dropped me at UMMC & after I registered myself, I went to my favourite surau in UMMC, up at the 5th floor!
My number was still not up when I got back down to the clinic at level 1.
Then, my number was flashed but I was assigned another doctor.
Noo... I wanted to see Prof KJG, so that there would be continuity. When I told that to the ladies at the registration table, I was told that I should had requested.
Then, I saw Prof KJG coming out of his no. 35 room. After I told him of my case he went lover to room no. 32 to get my file though of course he politely told me that I could also see the other doctor & that she's a very good doctor, etc.
Anyway, I just had to wait some more because there were others ahead of me to see him. I ended up getting to know the lady who was to see him before me: a Parkinson's Disease patient.

ProfKJG told me to taper off my steroid intake:
So, from 40mg (which I actually had done for a week, under suggestion of DrTS) I should be doing:
30mg (6 pills) for 2 days then
20mg (4 pills) for 2 days then
15mg (3 pills) for 2 days then
10mg (2 pills) for 2 days then
5mg (1 pill) for 2 days
before stopping for good.

Well, that morning I dah taken 5 pills (25mg) & I thought I would take the other 3 pills (15mg) after dinner.
I decided, well since this steroid was an unfriendly alien in my body... I would just go ahead & stopped my tapering off at 5 pills (25mg), ie 5 mg less than what was being suggested by ProfKJG :)

Prof KJG told me that I had another 30-40% more to fully recover.
I told him, "It doesn't really matter. I'll continue as as I have. After all I've organized 2 half-day seminar for the program post-grad students this week & last week I was attending a conference :)"

I was so delighted by the news that I could taper off the steroid... I was about to walk back to the department! Af course it was too far & luckily a taxi was willing to take me. Did some work at the office & went back late for the first time since I got the Bell's Palsy.

Unfortunately, the day had been long & for my current condition the activities were more than I could handle (?).
As I wss walking to the car which I parked up front... I took a wrong step & fell. Scratched my right knee :(



*******************************************

EVEN THE SUN & THE EARTH DON'T LAST FOREVER... Dust in the wind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DSKHZ1TcZE

*******************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment