Thursday, May 28, 2009

BP1 - 23 MEI 2009 : SABTU MALAM (AHAD) DI RUMAH

We had a family group Yasin reading & a doa session lead by Suami: for Amzar yang nak masuk ke dunia baru, for all family members, especially those who are currently not in the pink of health -- Mama, Nenek, Tok Mak & Pak Long.

Also each was given a chance to "verbalize whatever" that (s)he wanted to share, starting with Suami. Next Amzar, Aiman & Durrah.
Last was me. I used mine to thank everyone & to focus on Amzar's next step.
One thing at a time :)

During dinner, I called up Dr Mona & asked whether her clinic is still opened. Nak juga satu lagi opinion... Hoping against hope?

Dr Mona said exactly the same thing.
However, being an honorary *family physician-friend she was being extra nice!
She said, "I've seen so many cases like this. You will FULLY recover."
I thought to myself, "Hmmm... you're promising me more than you should, Mona."

(*Well... she did see EVERYONE, dari Parni, Bibik Khasanah, Rochanah, Tini hinggalah ke Fitri mata kena gigit lebah, Fitrah, of course GI family, VA family, Kak Erah, Tok Mak & EVEN Mak Aji Kalsum (for her lutut) + Lily (for her high BP) all the way from Tual, Pulau Kei, Sulawesi, Indonesia (June 2007, when they came over for wedding of Adlan-Sakina)!

Other things she commented was she thought the dosage for the prednisolone should have been slightly more.

Also my BP reading on her machine was much lower than what was shown by the machine at home. Maybe mine should be sent for calibration! The reading on mine was rather scary... but under the circumstances, "taklah mengejutkan..."

Oh yes, she mentioned that some Chinese thought Bell's Palsy has something to do with angin! There are 'stories' of individuals getting Bell's Palsy after sleeping on the concerned side of the face during long bus rides at night with open windows!

After the visit to Dr. Mona, I sat at the laptop... sent an e mail to my group of students about change of plans for Monday. I thought of having a group meeting with each having assignment to do.
I am sure they'll be busy "googling" Bell's Palsy to get more information about my problem.

The rest of the night for me was also spent "googling" till way past 2 am.
Lots of information & printed a few.
Also stumbled into some interesting "you tube recordings". I noticed that they are all rather jovial about their situations :)

I was tired & I couldn't actually digest the info anymore... same thing but worded differently in different sites. An easy one to follow: http://kidshealth.org/teen/diseases_conditions/brain_nervous/bells_palsy.html#

Basically:
- No one really know why it happened, but mostly related to post-viral infection.
- Inflammation needed to be treated with steroid ASAP (within 72 hours)
- Speed of recovery varies -- 2 weeks to months & years
- Scope of recovery varies -- the normal statistics show 95% with complete recovery while 5% don't
- Factors which may facilitate recovery -- facial re-training, physiotherapy, massage & acupuncture. Vitamin B6, B12 & Zinc have also been mentioned.


Wallahu'alam!

Deep down I think I didn't feel too comfortable with the idea of sleeping at night. Unspoken fear of what had happened the last time I slept?

Of course, I had sleep. I had to be up & about to send off Amzar later in the morning. He decided that he wanted to go at 10:30am, although registration started at 8:00am.

Well, clumsily going through the hassles of putting in a lot of artificial tear fluid, putting the pad & *a long selindang enjut-enjut to tie up the pad so that the top eyelid would not slowly open up or me taking it off, without realizing it. In the late afternoon siesta I had earlier, the pad was already slightly flapping off when I woke up.

(*I've had the selindang for many years, but I've never wear it. I am just not a selindang panjang person. However, I still kept it because Saadah got me the selindang during her Haj. TQ Saadah :)

It was way past 2:30am when I ended up sleeping. That was after I kept playing Al-Mulk & at least 2 rounds of Ar-Rahman using my *phone.



(*Sahabat Kamila, I copied the Quran recitation from the KA laptop you passed down to me! I don't know who downloaded it to the laptop in the first place)


********************************************

YASIN (Surah 36: 82-83):


إِنَّمَا أَمْرُهُ إِذَا أَرَادَ شَيْئًا أَنْ يَقُولَ لَهُ كُنْ فَيَكُونُ (36:82


فَسُبْحَانَ الَّذِي بِيَدِهِ مَلَكُوتُ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ (36:83


Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is!

So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will ye be all brought back.

"Sesungguhnya perintah-Nya apabila Dia menghendaki sesuatu hanyalah berkata kepadanya: ""Jadilah!"" maka terjadilah ia."

Maka Maha Suci (Allah) yang di tangan-Nya kekuasaan atas segala sesuatu dan kepada-Nya lah kamu dikembalikan.

*************************************************

3 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum wrh wbt..
    "Sesungguhnya apa yang telah dan akan berlaku itu telah ditetapkan oleh Allah SWT sejak azali lagi"...
    Semoga Dr. terus tabah menghadapi dugaan dan mehnah (cabaran) kehidupan.. Semua ini adalah ujian-NYA sebagai salah satu cara paling baik kita untuk bermuhasabah dan meningkatkan amal ibadah... InsyaAllah doa kebaikan seorang "anak didik" kepada sekalian gurunya tidak akan lekang.. Semoga bantuan Allah akan sentiasa bersama Dr. atas kerja amal (menyampaikan ilmu) kepada kami..

    Mohamad Khairudin Bin Bajuri
    (IES 060026)

    p/s: org jawa biasanya kuat semangat..hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TQ, InsyaAllah ;p
    Saya Banjar....

    ReplyDelete
  3. heee...
    silap pulak.. fatimah yg bagitau jawa..
    Lupe nk bagitau.. Dr. boleh amalkan doa salawat syifa'.. amalkan setiap detik dlm kehidupan.. insyaAllah dipermudahkan..

    ReplyDelete