Thursday, May 28, 2009

BP1 - 23 MEI 2009 : SABTU SENJA DI RUMAH

6.27pm : The phone beside my pillow rang. It was Kak Ijah. She asked me, "Kamu *pengsan ke ni?"
(That's how we refer to the state when anyone of us is taking a real rest & most likely sleeping due to penat teramat).
I said something like, "Ye..."
She continued on quickly about her sms-ing Abang Ripin the details of the ole-ole & then she let me off.

It was good she called. Solat asar.

6:57pm: Went downstairs to get some drinks, etc, the phone rang... Abang Ripin from Tual, Pulau Kei, Sulawesi, Indonesia!
Another history in the making.
Last year it was the Kak Ijah (cucu)-Abang Fauzi (cucu menantu) duo reaching the land after 3 generations... after Atuk Laki left the land for Mekah at the age of 13 (?).
Tok Ayah (anak) never set foot on the land.
Now, here's Abang Ripin, a cucu menantu!
He was so excited & the line was not too clear.. he didn't notice my slurness.
He passed the phone to Kak Ratna & I managed to say something like, "ABANG RIPIN yang dibawa angin ke sana, ya?".
She replied in the tone that I thought also reflected, "Yeah... this is really weird, I know what you mean. But hey... we're ecstatic with whoever from the clan that ALLAH sent to us"
I was partly panicking because I seriously did not think I could be making any sense over the phone.
The line went dead in the middle of her sentence.
Phew, Alhamdulillah. I was not ready to have my Bell's Palsy news travelled all the way to Sulawesi!

Suami & kids fussed over my face. I think, hoping that "Mama's face event is just one of those things that would go away after Mama has had her sleep rest". Sorry, not this one.
To perk the situation, I was asking for the camera, etc... & how I wanted my current face to be recorded. Told them that the E&T lady doctor suggested for photos to be taken so that I could monitor progress.
I was making funny faces, but I know they did not think they were laughable.
Of course, I gave the slowly worded directive, "DON'T MMS anyone those pictures. Not yet."

Of course, in the back of my mind was, "How long do I want to keep this secret from the family -- both PP & Temerloh clans? I've got to tell them, sooner or later... Who to tell first & when?"
Deliberated a bit on my unreadiness state of mind, Amzar's preparation for UIA, Tok Mak's condition, etc etc etc... then made up my mind.

7:06pm : Sent out the Bell's Palsy news for the first time to a warga Pondok Putih (PP): an sms to Khalil, who's now doing umrah. He left the last weekend.

"Salam. Khalil, nak minta tolong doa supaya fungsi gentian saraf kanan no. 7 ke muka MakZ sembuh. FYI: Sabtu pagi hilang kawalan otot muka sebelah kanan: X boleh turunkan kelopak mata kanan, tidur kena pakai eye pad; nak bercakap / makan / minum payah & mulut herot. Tests (ECG, x-ray, CT scan) @ UMMC showed Alhamdulillah X strok, tapi kes ini namanya Bell's Palsy. Rawatan = ubat2 & facial physiotherapy. TQ atas doa muga pulih sepenuhnya dalam kadar segera, InsyaAllah"

7:23pm : Sent out the same sms to a warga Temerloh, (Dr.) Lina with an additional sentence:
Advice on matter?

Lina's reply, "Selalunya post viral. InsyaAllah prognosis good. Kena completekan course prednisolone."


*************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment