Tuesday, June 30, 2009

BP19 - 10 JUN 2009 : RABU

I asked Kak Ijah & Kak Erah to accompany me for a massage that I badly need for my shoulder-back aches at TO in Bangsar Village 2. The headquarter of this Thai spa is in Mega Mall & it is one of those establishment which is is above board, professional, clean... of course it cost a bomb (at least in my scale of spending)!
Seronok-seronok sekali-sekala ok lah :)
When T.Mak could still walk a lot more than now, we have brought her there & she enjoyed the foot & back massages. The branch in Bangsar Village 2 looked like it is easily accessible & a bit more exclusive, but I've never been there & it would be nice to beramai-ramai to check out the place.

We didn't go with Pak Mat Des as we originally planned to, because Abang Em turned up to take BFX. He wanted to borrow it to balik kampung for kenduri of his adik ipar (Zali). So, we made him drove us to Bangsar.

Instead of going straight to the place, we walked straight into HJ on the ground floor.
For whatever reason, I've always ended getting something to commemarate significant events, e.g. Adlan-Sakina's, Irfan-Idura's... cari alasan saja.

Sometime back (after the Bell's Palsy episode), I've already made up my mind to get a pair of earings. Ye lah, to raikan the facial nerve that passed by near the ear. Ha... Ha... Ha...
I've seen a pair which was on sale for 50% off in one of those flyer advertisements that was shoved in my home mailbox.
Well, just my luck... that pair was no longer available, but a pair was just brought in the day before & it was 70% off! The cost was slightly less than the one advertised & this pair have 2 dangling items each which could be slipped on &off.
OK, I could give each of the dangling items to my future 2 daughter in laws!
So, in my 'cheapskate mind" this would be a good buy -- 70% off, hadiah untuk telinga, hadiah untuk bakal menantu... wah, multifunction buy!
Then Kak Ijah pun menggalakan dengan ungkapan,"Duit kamu... "

A funny thing happened...
Since, I didn't bring that much cash on me, I used my VISA card.
When I signed the bill, I stopped after 'signing' my name as "BELL". What was I thinking? Takkan sampai tukar nama ikut penyakit? Actually, I was about to continue signing on the 'name' "PALSY" when I realized what I just wrote down.
Adoi! Ini dah naik sasau!
I looked at the salesman & sheepishly informed him, "Dik sorry... Nama saya bukan Bell, tapi awak tengok muka saya ni... penyakit ni namanya Bell's Palsy..."
I didn't know what went through his mind, but Kak Ijah & Kak Erah nak ketawa mungkin sedih pun ada rasanya.
Kak Erah kata, "Sign aja apa-apa, dia orang terima aja...". Ye lah tu!
Anyway, I cancelled off "BELL" then signed my name. Terus pakai the dangling earing!

We walked on a bit through the different floors. At Hajaba I just sat at the chair while Kak Ijah & Kak Erah were looking at the clothings & tudung... Every now & then they metioned "Una" (my 6th sibling). Yeah... ini semua barang yang look good on Una & she can afford it. Kak Erah bought a heart-shape pink pendant for Fitrah :)

By the time we reached TO, I decided that I would belanja my sisters. Kak Erah was a bit reluctant... relax lah Kak Erah. You're on a holiday!
So, Kak Erah went for the foot massage while both me & Kak Ijah went for the half body (shoulder, etc) massage.
Since most of the time I had been sleeping in not very normal position, my body was aching all over.

It had been reported that although Bell's Palsy was supposed to effect only the facial nerve, thus specifically only the facial muscle control... yet, there seemed to be some individuals who could not physically stable themselves, e.g. while standing, walking, etc.
Guess what, I'm one of them. So, my walking & standing sometimes might be a bit wobbly / not steady. That could create some back aches, also.

Once done, we went to MPH. Each of them bought books for their grand-daughter (Ayrah & Qaisarah). I got few reference books for Arafah who would be sitting for her UPSR. We're hoping she would start her generation of cousins studying in the new Sek. Men. Sains BD.

Lunch at Nando's then we went back by cab.

Good outing with my 3rd & 4th siblings !

*****************************************


*****************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment