Monday, August 17, 2009

BP81 - 11 OGOS 2009 : SELASA


Today was the 2nd day of the yearly convocation.
Chose today to attend it; Adli Isa's grandfather was to be honoured as Prof. Emeritus.

While getting ready for the perarakan event I met a couple of colleagues who've heard about my Bell's Palsy episode.
So, spent sometime explaining to people about it.
It was rather fun to hear DrR telling me her reaction when she heard that I was to visit her PTj (actually later in the afternoon).
Of course my Sungkai buddy, happily laughed away when I told her my 'hyper-self' during 50mg daily of prednisolone days -- red sandals & handbags !!!

All the while deep down I was hoping & praying that I would not embarassed myself, e.g. falling off while walking in or while sitting up there on the stage.
Alhamdulillah, I didn't do any of that.

Adli Isa's grandpa gave a good speech, especially the part about Kassim Selamat :)

The speech introducing him wasn't too bad. Three pantuns in the speech:

Bicara sopan amalan harian,
Berseri menawan kawan dan lawan,
Usaha digandakan kecemerlangan diharapkan,
Demi memastikan peningkatan berterusan

Durian rambutan buahan tempatan
Rasanya menawan hati perasaan
Kemudahan ditingkatkan keselesaan diutamakan
Intipati kecemerlangan fakulti bimbingan

Bumi Kenyalang kampong halaman
Dari Bintulu merantau ke Miri
Menyinar cahaya membawa harapan
Khidmat cemerlang menyuntik inspirasi



*****************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment