Saturday, July 11, 2009

BP45 - 6 JULAI 2009 : ISNIN

Day 4 tapering off prednisolonone : 20 mg (4 pills)

After sending Durrah to her sekolah ugama, I went straight to work. Suami was already waiting for me at the parking lot up front of the department to send me to UMMC for my faicial electrotherapy & also an appointment with the E&T group.

By abot 9.30am I was done with the electrotherapy. Met CT who was waiting for her name to be called in. Told her we couldn't go to breakfast since not only I had to rush for my E&T appointment, I also had a briefing for the new students @11.30am!

Quickly registered @ E&T. While waiting, I was pondering about how I'd go about in doing the briefing. I had 2 parts of power point presentations done up; 'introduction to who's who' & 'academic matters'. I would have to do the latter & I was mulling about whether I should contact Eda & make her do the first part. Originally, I had asked Yati but with her mum doing an angioplasty procedure today... Yati's place should be with her MOTHER!

By 10.30am I decided that Edah should do it & started making phone calls-arrangements.

I finally got in to see DrL @ 11am. DrTS was on emergency leave. Commended DrL on her suggestions about 'directly putting a tape on my right eye' + me going to RUKA (it was then I got new dosage for my BP & it had been under control since then, Alhamdulillah).

Took a taxi back to where my car was parked & rushed to the lecture hall where the briefing had been scheduled.
To be honest, I was feeling feeling anxious about this whole event.
It was going to be my 1st event going in front of a lecture hall of students.
All in all there should be 35 new students + 20 of the committee members of the student's BH club. Staff members of the program (2 tutors + 4 support staff + 6 academic staff) should also be joining the event. Some already knew about my Bell's Palsy & this event would give them a chance to see for themselves how I looked like.

When I came into the hall, they were there already except for the new students who're still stuck in another briefing. I took time to address the BH club about the kind of assistance that I hope they could give, etc. From their facial expression, I seriously doubt that they really heard what I was saying at the beginning. Some looked like they were about to burst into tears...

Then the new students came & the whole event went well. It was good that Eda did the first part of the briefing. She was FABULOUS & FUNNY... the students loved her!

By late afternoon, I was feeling like I need to lie down...
However, 5 foreign students were brought to me; 3 of them for BH program (1 Indonesian, 1 Somalian & I Jordan) & the other 2 going to other programs (Bioinformatics & Microbiology).
So, I gave them 'a quick' briefing of what was given earlier by both me & Eda.

*******************************************

*******************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment